NCR | REPUBLIC OF INDIA: Most awaited The 2017 India Africa ICT Summit & Excellence Award successfully conducted at Hotel Ramada Gurgaon Central on 01-02 December. The theme of this summit intended to “Confronting ICT and Cyber Challenges, Developing India and Africa through ICT, Opportunities, Challenges and way forward”.
The Summit inaugurated by chief Guest Shree Saurabh Tiwari-Dy. Director , Department of Telecommunication , Govt of India presided by Shree N.K Goyal- President CMAI. Guest of Honour Shree Sanjay Mohapatra- President-Computer Society of India, African Delegation head by Justice Ralph Ochan-Chairemen- Public Service Commission Uganda, Prof A.K Khare –Chancellor –IEC University Himachal Pradesh and Professor Ripu Ranjan Sinha – Chairmen Organizing Committee.
Moving further after lamp lighting, Organizing chairmen welcome all dignitaries present on the dice and discuss the issues and challenges on pre-defined Themes. He also enlightens the issue to be taken up during eleven panel session during the summit. He has thanks to the entire delegate come from across the continents for fruitful discussion and deliberation to ways foreword in ICT Challenges. Brief remakes given by Shree B.K Gupta-CEO Giant Step for significance of this summit is real demand of society.
President-Computer Society of India, emphasize on present situation of India and Africa towards ICT Growth, Opportunities and ways forward. He also enlightens need of developing India and Africa bilateral relation through Information and Communication Technologies. He declare the need of delegation meet visit to Uganda for analysing the grass root level issue and Challenges and ways forward with the support of Bilateral resource sharing, During Mid February 2018 and directed to Organizing Chairmen to form a delegation committee with proposed budget plan.
President CMAI expands his vision and utilization of Telecommunication companies in the development of infrastructure growth in India and Africa and also emphasizes the need of expanded bandwidth to boost up bilateral relation between two continents. Our chief guest emphasize the benefit of ICT Technologies through various Govt initiative (UDAI/Digital India/ Make In India/EDI) taken by Govt agency and saved fund for improvement of Society. This fund may be utilized for the betterment of bilateral relation and boosting Infrastructure.
Justice Ralph Ochan-Chairemen– Public Service Commission, emphasis on role of public service institutions in Uganda and Africa in promoting ICT and Combating cybercrimes in Africa. Vote of thanks given by Chancellor – IEC University and introduces organizing committee members who accomplished assigned task for the successfully conduction of Summit and brain behind Summit and invited delegate for group photograph. Inauguration session accomplished with national anthem of India followed by national anthem of participating countries.
- “Setting up of IT Parks for promoting IT-ITeS business in Africa”- President Computer Society of India
- “Comforting Cyber Crimes in Central Government and Local Government Financial System in Africa, Investment Opportunities in Africa” Godfrey Byamukama Kereere-Ministry of Finance Planning and Economic development Uganda
- “The Role of Public service Institutions in Uganda and Africa in promoting ICT and combating cybercrimes in Africa”. Justice Ralph Ochan, Chairmen-Public Service Commission Uganda
- “Cooperation on Capacity Building and HRD, N. K. Goyal,President CMAI
- “International ICT Strategies and Joint Venture Business Growth between Africa and Asia, Rajendra S Shirole-Hult School of Business management , Bostan USA
- “modernizing indo-African societies & culture ”, Shree B.K Gupta.CEO Ginat Step , India
- “Expansion and Scope for Global Society and Social Exchange between Africa and Asia”, Diwale Mohamad-President Asia Africa Scholars Global Network , United Kingdom
- “ Peace and Sustainability development in Asia Africa Region ” Paul Wabwiiyi-Ministry of Lands Housing and urban development , Uganda
- “e-Governance exchange programme ” Doha Thoari , United Arab Emirate, dubai
- Understanding and comforting cybercrimes in India and Africa –Rajiev Ranjan Roy – Editor Daily Post
- Implementation of ICT in upliftment and sustainable development –Babirye Peace , Officer in charge Software Engineering, Uganda Prisons Services, Uganda.
On Panel discussions deliberation of ICT, Cyber Challenges, HRD, Capacity Building, Skill Development, Law and Enforcements, Governance Policies, Ecommerce etc. Representatives from Africa and India mutually agreed on requirement of council in the name and Style of “Asia Africa Development Council” that will take forward all the issue keep in mind sustainable Peace and Development Goals as per the United nation sustainable development goals. Delegate issued a directive for Council, shall Support the Initiative taken by United Nation goals in current and future Opportunities, Challenges, and Risks pertaining to mutual development of Africa and India through Information and Communication Technologies and poster and website : www.asiafricaonline.com launched with an objectives promotion of cooperation amongst all countries and people of Asia and Africa by focusing on among other, Tourism and Investment, Trading between Africa and Asia, Cultural and Educational Exchange programs, democracy and Good Governance, Human Rights, Responsible Investments in Africa and Asia, educational development, and People-to-People relationships. AADC Council shall work in accordance with united nation Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and shall support UN initiative and projects in Predefined time frame and phased manner project Execution.
- Phase – I (2018 – 2020) : Peace and Security | Educational development and Exchange Programs | Clean, Green and Renewable Energy Promotion of Tourism and Cultural exchange
- Phase – II (2021 – 2023): Science and Technology Innovation| Water, Food Security and Agriculture development| Economic Growth and Trading between Africa and Asia| Democracy and Good Governance
- Phase – III (2023 – 2025) : Human Rights and Human work| Health Care and Gender equality | Responsible Investments in Africa and Asia.
During Summit (39) India-Africa ICT Excellence Awards were recognized for exceptional contributions towards innovative development and promotion to ICT in India, Africa, and other parts of the globe. India-Africa ICT Knowledge Directory is also launched during the event. The Execution policy and Strategic Plan , Discussion and Deliberation ware held during High Level Dinner at venue in tune with UNSGs-2030. In this discussion Prof Ripu Ranjan Sinha enlishted the 17 UNSGs-2030 and its significance, after the healthy discussion and deliberation among the Delegate Prof Asish C Swami Concluded the meeting and vote of thanks for make event Success full for the drafting the AADC strategic Policy 2025.
On 2nd December 2017, Delegate interacted together for the networking exchange of ICT Technologies, Tools and techniques for the process improvement. Corporate Mutually Signed MOI For further ways forward and next level of MOU and official launch of logo and general assembly meeting celebrated by the core group members of Asia Africa Development Council Members. Event concluded with vote of thanks by the Team-AADC.
The summit has been organized by Innovation Society – India in association with Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Govt. of India, Computer Society of India,CMAI , WAIMS and Public Opinion International Uganda. Participants mainly from Ministers in charge of ICT from Governments in Africa,CEOs, Selected Heads of ICT Academic Institutions from Africa and india Major software and telecom companies. The summit is graced by the participation from Ministry of Finance Planning and Economic Developme (Uganda), Local Government Finance Commission (Uganda), Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited (Uegcl), Uganda Prisons Service, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (Uganda), Public Service Commission (Uganda), Hult International Business School (Boston, USA), Nambia University, International Association of Research Scholars, Amity College-Florida (USA), SIF Tech Limited (South Sudan), Valtech Limited, Advantal Technologies, Computer Society of India, Hughes Communications India Limited, World Academy of Informatics and management Sciences, Nirmal Integrated Consultancy (India), Business Press (India) etc . African Delegation is headed by Hon. Justice Ralph W. Ochan, PSC Chairperson, Justice of Masindi High Court Circuit, Secretary to the Judiciary, Uganda.